I was 20 years old when I first brought Layla home. I remember driving home with Layla, she was sitting on my friend Jon's lap. It was a great day and little did I know how special she was and how much of an impact she had on my life for the better.
I brought Layla to the vet to get her shots before going back to my place in Fresh Meadows. I remember how scared she was to the point where she was shacking. She had know idea her sister Dutchess was waiting at home. When they met there was a little conflict but they quickly began to love each other.
The first night I attempted to have her sleep in the cage but she did not like that very much. I let her sleep into my room and remember how much I loved her instantly. The first couple days were crazy as I had no experience raising a dog. It took a while for me to feel comfortable letting Dutchess and Layla Play alone. They used to play fight, I remember the rope I had for them to tug on and how I used to play with the two of them.
It has been exactly three weeks since Layla has passed away and it extremely difficult to express how much I loved her and how special she is and will always be to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment